Hand Placement: The Lift
Many of you made it to this blog post because of my tik-tok video discussing things I will never do as a barrel racer.
- I will never let a horse turn in front of a barrel during slow work
- Never let them throw their hind end out while stopping on the pattern for slow work or going around a barrel
- I don’t believe the “High school lean” is effective
- I don’t believe in “Lifting” to get a horse to turn the barrel
- I don’t believe in Jump Jockeying
More on jump jockeys later, this post is all about what you really wanted to know.
Why don’t I like to lift around a turn and if I don’t believe in lifting, what is the right way to place my hands?
In this video, I discuss why I don’t like to lift and break down what I prefer to do instead.